Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New York again

I discovered yesterday that both A Pet for Petunia and Hugs From Pearl have been honored by the Society of Illustrators in New York by being included in their exhibit of the year's best children's books.

This is quite the honor, and I am indescribably grateful to my wonderful editor and friend Maria Modugno who made a stab in the dark by suggesting I give writing a try.

Thanks also must be made to Dana Fritts, my fabuloso designer at Harper. Remember that name; she will be famous.

11 comments:

Ben Clanton said...

A well deserved honor! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Rockin, Paul! I'm really lovin' all your good news - you've crafted some wonderful books and are an inspiration!

mjwehrer said...

Congratulations!

Jennifer K. Mann said...

Awesome, Paul. Just awesome.

Sarah Romano Diehl said...

Congrats Paul! Great news!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Congrats, Paul! (We met at SCBWI Conf in Redmond last spring--I am a friend of Joan Lite Miller :) ) Love your work!!

Paul Schmid said...

Thanks everyone! This time I'm going out there to see the show.

Samantha Vamos said...

Congratulations, Paul. That's wonderful.

snoop said...

Congratulations Paul! Your friend from the George Washington Bridge!

Erik Brooks said...

Congrats on the SI recognition Paul!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I just got back from NYC--stopped by the Society and got to see them !! Hooray!